Senior Process Engineer
Location: Sacramento, CA
Position Availability: Immediate
The Senior Process Engineer will report to the VP of Process Solutions and Validations. Ziel provides turnkey solutions for its customers including design, development, installation, commissioning and validation of food processing equipment. The Senior Process Engineer will be involved in all engineering and technical aspects including process development and optimization using Ziel’s radio frequency based food pasteurization systems. This is a highly visible, customer facing position with excellent growth potentials.
Key job requirements
- Lead equipment installation, commissioning and validation activities in accordance with customer’s requirements.
- Prepare test plans for process validation and process optimization. Conduct trial runs, collect and analyze data, write reports and work closely with the Process Authority to achieve process validations.
- Ensure equipment readiness including various sensor calibration, software updates, provide preventive and regular maintenance of sophisticate electromechanical systems.
- Develop site and equipment layout drawings using CAD, develop facilities requirements, author Operator’s manual, conduct training and ensure seamless integration of RF equipment and subsystems to the customer.
- Work closely with Ziel’s key suppliers and contractors to ensure implementation of all functional requirements, implementation, customization and integration of RF equipment, electrical and mechanical hardware, ventilation, infeed systems, heating and cooling tunnels etc.
- Lead troubleshooting, monitor performance of all field units to ensure an industry leading up-time, coordinate warranty and preventive maintenance services, track bill-of-materials and spare parts.
- Lead a small team of engineers and technicians.
Required Qualifications & Experiences
- BS or MS (preferred) in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical engineering or equivalent from reputable institutions. Extremely hands-on with excellent problem solving skills.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibilities with direct customer interactions. Must have experience with designing, building and troubleshooting electromechanical and pneumatic hardware.
- Hands-on experience with PLC (Allen Bradley and Siemens), SCADA and HMI systems.
- Experience with motors, conveyor belts, product moving equipment/hardware and high voltage/HT equipment are required.
- Experience with radio frequency and microwave systems are highly desirable.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally for extended durations for installation and commissioning, often in short notice. Travel can be up to 50%.
- Able to perform strenuous work in tight and enclosed environment. Some tasks may require moderate physical strength and ability to lift.
- Expert knowledge of various sensors like thermocouples, RTD, pressure sensors, voltage and current sensors, data recording etc. is required.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel to analyze data is required. Must be proficient with common Office software like Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Desired Personality Attributes
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required. Must have experience interacting with critical business partners and customers.
- Very methodical, data driven, detailed oriented and brings engineering best-practices from world-class companies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Self-driven, customer focused, aggressive and proactive problem solver.
- Energetic yet has a pleasant personality, an individual contributor who plays for the team and a fast learner.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ziel offers a highly competitive compensation package which includes a handsome base salary, potential to earn bonuses, health insurance, paid time off, opportunity for retirement savings like 401K etc.
- Ziel also offers flexible work arrangements including ability to work remotely.
All fields are required.